Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Top Note Photo Card

I have a workshop this Saturday for Stephanie, and she specifically asked me to come up with a photo card we could make. I thought and thought and thought about it for hours. I kept thinking about photo cards at like Target or Snapfish that you get for Christmas where the photo slides in and out of a pocket. I couldn't figure out how to make that pocket. Then, da-da-da-dun!, Big Shot to the rescue. Here's what I came up with:

Photo Card
Stamp Set: Great Friend
Cardstock: So Saffron, Whisper White
DSP: Walk in the Park
Stamp Pads (Classic): So Saffron, Regal Rose

Accessories/Tools: Big Shot, Top Note die, 5/8" Rose Red ribbon


All I did was cut the DSP to 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 (same as one "face" of the card) then run it through the Big Shot using Top Note. Then I basically assembled it like a scrapbook. The photo *can* come out of the card (I only affixed tape on the very edges of the DSP), but I taped a butterfly on it, so now it won't! I also decorated the inside with the leaf branch from Great Friend and added the XOXOXO sentiment from Fundamental Phrases.

I hope Steph likes it! I also hope it's easy enough for new stampers to make, yet fun and different enough for experienced (it's a mixed group). Anyway, thanks for looking! Oh, and for those curious, the photo is my husband and me at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum last summer.

5 comments:

  1. Great idea for the Big Shot! The more and more I see cool projects like this the harder it is to wait on getting the Big Shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Tracy!! I love the clean lines, the Top Note cut out and those darling butterflies will win the guests hearts!! Sure did mine... I love the colors! Super job... SMILES! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beatiful card, great way to use the top note die. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool idea! I love the Top Note as a frame, and I love that you can take the photo out if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very adorable! I just love the versatility of that top note die cut.

    ReplyDelete

Imagine a beep. Then leave me a message! I love hearing from you, thanks!