Friday, July 31, 2009

Meee-ow!

My Aunt Dee is one of my favorite people in the world! She's so friendly and helpful and caring. She definitely always makes you feel like the absolute most important person in the room. (Which can be tough in my family, with my dad and his 4 brothers and sisters, their spouses and children, plus me, my husband, my brother & his family.... there's a lot of people to contend with!) She's the best! I don't get to see her as often as I'd like, but she loves cats, and has an orange one. So, I made her a cute kitty card using a new set from the 2009-2010 Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalog.

Cat Card for Dee
Stamp Set: C is for Cat
Cardstock: Old Olive, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White
DSP: Cottage Wall
Stamp Pads (Classic): More Mustard, Not Quite Navy, Old Olive
Accessories/Tools: Circle Scissors Plus, Wide Oval Punch, Corner Rounder, 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain

I love it! I am also proud to say I picked out the colors all on my own! (I can tend to be tied to my Stampin' Color Coach Wheel most of the time). The Circle Scissors Plus is not working 100% accurately for me. I always end up with a little tail, much like on this card. Though, I'm sure it's not the actual Circle Scissors.... it's probably more user error than anything. If anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them! :)

4 comments:

  1. Very cute and nice color combo. When I've been using my circle scissor, I have to make sure the paper is pretty well stuck down to keep it from doing that. I haven't had a lot of success with thin/flimsy paper, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the kitty stamp... great job picking the colours! I find the circle scissor plus works really well for the larger circles (if the paper is stuck down) but it's a lot harder for the smaller circles. No suggestions, just me saying it's not just you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice- great background, dsp and image. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!
    I don't own the circle scissors. I've been going back and forth about ordering it.

    ReplyDelete

Imagine a beep. Then leave me a message! I love hearing from you, thanks!