Sunday, April 25, 2010

Awash with Hostess Club

Goodness! Working full-time sure does get in the way of stamping and blogging! My new job as the main Kindergarten teacher is going well.... just BUSY. I am at work for much longer than before, and it wears me out. Today I finally had time for stamping - first in almost a month!

This afternoon is my Hostess Club. This group of ladies have been wonderfully fun, and I'm sad we are winding down to our last few club meetings. I hope to start up a club again in August or September, and I would be thrilled if my members continued!

Today we're doing a simple technique: Two Step Stamping. I wanted to showcase this technique because of the promotion going on, but also because it's a technique I don't use much. I chose to use Awash With Flowers, a set which, admittedly, I didn't like at first. I am not a real pastel-y person, and most of the samples I saw were pastel. Then I saw a very cute card on Stampin' Connection (a message board, idea-sharing site for Stampin' Up! Demonstrators) by Selene Kempton and decided to CASE it exactly. It's not too pastel-y, not too grandma-y (which was another initial concern with the set), and quite modern, I feel. I love it - I hope my club members do, too!

Awash for Hostess CASE
Stamp Sets: Awash with Flowers, Well-Scripted
Cardstock: Real Red, Kraft, Basic Black
Stampin' Pads: Black Stazon and Whisper White Craft
Accessories/Tools: Real Red Satin Ribbon

Now that I've played with the set a bit, I can see how versatile and cute it can be! You can make it fit your style so easily: bold, bright, light, pastel, watermark, etc. Contact me at tracy.riekenberg@gmail.com to order this set. It's only available until the end of April... if you miss it, you'll have to wait until July when the new catalog comes out to get yours. :)

On a side note... I'm but 150 hits away from 10K. Check back this week for some BLOG CANDY to celebrate. :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey, as a fellow teacher, I completely understand what you're talking about! I never get enough sleep or time to scrapbook! Oh, well, the joys of teaching are worth it and club meetings are a fun break from the monotony of everyday life like dishes and laundry! Gorgeous card! I have been putting off getting this set, but I may have to give in and get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous card! This is definitely different than most of the samples I've seen out there! Love the colors you used! ~Jacqueline @ Scraps of Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the white solid images stamped on the kraft with the pop of red. Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Imagine a beep. Then leave me a message! I love hearing from you, thanks!