Friday, August 14, 2009

Card Buffet

A new class is on the horizon! I read several threads on Splitcoast Stampers (the best resource for stamping & building your SU! business, IMO) about offering card buffet classes. These classes are pretty straight forward & simple: people reserve a spot, then come and can make as many or as few cards as they want, and pay a la carte. I thought it was a great idea, so I'm going to give a whirl. I plan to hold my Card Buffet class on Aug. 30. I have 5 different cards people can choose from. I hope I get a good turnout! :)

Circle Circus Buffet
Stamp Set: Circle Circus, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Basic Gray, Orchid Opulence, Old Olive, Whisper WHite
Stamp Pads (Classic): Orchid Opulence, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Basic Gray
Accessories/Tools: Rich Razzleberry ribbon, various circle punches, dimensionals

Upsy Daisy BuffetStamp Set: Upsy Daisy
Cardstock: Summer Sun, Ruby Red, Whisper White
Stamp Pads (Classic): Summer Sun, Ruby Red, Old Olive & Ruby Red Stampin' Write markers
Accessories/Tools: So Saffron 5/8" ribbon (SAB), Paper Piercer, dimensionals

Birthday Buffet
Stamp Sets: Party Hearty, Full of Life
Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise, Gable Green, Whisper White
DSP: Kaleidoscope

Stamp Pads (Classic): Tempting Turquoise, Gable Green, So Saffron
Accessories/Tools: Big Shot, Top Note Die, Tempting Turquoise 1/4" ribbon

Flower Buffet
Stamp Set: Chic Boutique
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Kraft, Real Red
Stamp Pads (Classic): Real Red
Accessories/Tools: Big Shot, Daisies #2 Die, 3/4" inch punch, So Saffron corduroy button, Real Red 1" stitched ribbon

Medallion Buffet
Stamp Sets: Medallion, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Whisper White
DSP: Razzleberry Lemonade
Stamp Pads (Classic): Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo
Stampin' Write Markers: Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry
Accessories/Tools: Modern Label punch, black brads, Melon Mambo ribbon


Like many cards I made, I took inspiration from others. Let me give credit where credit is due now!

  • Upsy Daisy card is inspired by this card I found on www.splitcoaststampers.com.
  • Birthday Buffet is the layout from Clean and Simple Stamping FTL51.
  • Flower Buffet is another card inspired by Splitcoast Stampers. The original is here.
  • The Medallion card is a near-exact copy of Robin's card at Trinity Designs.
I hope this class goes well. I'd love to make it a bi-monthly or quarterly event! Hope to see you there. :)

1 comment:

  1. I hope your Card Buffet goes well! I'll be holding one on the 28th and haven't decided which cards to do yet!

    Heather Wachtman

    ReplyDelete

Imagine a beep. Then leave me a message! I love hearing from you, thanks!