Thursday, August 27, 2009

Two Chic Boutique


When I got the new Stampin' Up! catalog back in June there was only 1 stamp set on my "MUST HAVE" list: Chic Boutique. I just love the fun line drawings, sweet sentiments, and cute birdcage! It's such a great versatile set to make some fun "anytime" cards. And I love watercoloring the images!!

Last week, I made two samples using Chic Boutique. Somehow, the layouts are similar, though not intentionally....

Chic Boutique Un
Stamp Sets: Chic Boutique, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Medallion
Cardstock: Sage Shadow, Ruby Red, Pretty in Pink, Watercolor
Designer Series Paper: none
Stamp Pads (Classic): Jet Black Stazon, Ruby Red, Sage Shadow, Pretty in Pink (for watercoloring)

Accessories/Tools: Scallop Edge Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Paper Piercing Tool, Dimensionals
I love the colors of this card, and I wish I could remember if I came up with them on my own, or if I used my handy-dandy Color Coach.... (guess would be Color Coach!) I also think Medallion gives just the right touch to the background... don't you?

Chic Boutique Deux
Stamp Sets: Chic Boutique,
Cardstock: Close to Cocoa, Regal Rose, Very Vanilla, Watercolor
Designer Series Paper: Bella Bleu
Stamp Pads (Classic): Close to Cocoa, Sage Shadow, Regal Rose, So Saffron (for watercoloring)

Accessories/Tools:Wide Oval Punch, Masterpiece Ribbon Originals

This is my favorite card I've made in a long time. I will probably never give it away, as I do tend to hoard my faves..... :) I just think the design is great - it's actually a sketch challenge called Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge. It's definitely one of those sketches to check out from time to time!

1 comment:

  1. Great card! I think I saw thsi on SCS recently. I LOVE this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete

Imagine a beep. Then leave me a message! I love hearing from you, thanks!