Thursday, September 10, 2009

Life's Big Moments

This week I found myself needing to make cards for people I work with (and school just started!) because they are experiencing major life moments. One gal is having a baby in a few weeks and a shower is being thrown at work, so I made a baby card. The other lady's father-in-law died on Labor Day, so I needed to make a Sympathy card (the first I have ever made). It was a weird juxtaposition to come home from the first day of school and make two very different cards. But I love how they turned out and I hope they give support and joy to the recipients.

Baby Shower Card
Stamp Set: Lovely Letters
Cardstock: Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Designer Series Paper: none
Stamp Pads (Classic): Regal Rose

Accessories/Tools: Big Shot, Perfect Details Texturz Plates, 5/8" Regal Rose Grosgrain ribbon, 1/4" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain ribbon, Two-way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds

Sympathy Card
Stamp Set: Thoughts and Prayers
Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Old Olive, More Mustard, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Thoroughly Modern
Stamp Pads (Classic): More Mustard
Stampin' Write Markers: Sahara Sand, Old Olive, More Mustard, Ruby Red
Accessories/Tools: Scallop Oval Punch, Wide Oval Punch, Elementary Ribbon Originals

Now I best be hitting the road so I can get to school and deliver these cards!

1 comment:

  1. Love the way you added the coloured dots to the embossing on the baby card, and I like the variation in colour on the tree.

    ReplyDelete

Imagine a beep. Then leave me a message! I love hearing from you, thanks!