Tuesday, September 29, 2009

World Card Making Day sample

World Card Making Day is coming up! Typically, WCMD is Oct. 3, but, due to my 10-Mile race that weekend, I'm postponing my celebration until the next weekend, Oct. 10. I'm inviting all crafters, customers, friends, and relatives to come over for a free stamping event. We'll make 4 cards total - 2 for guests to take home, and 2 for guests to give to the local Ronald McDonald House so families in the Twin Cities have a bit of cheer to send to their loved ones this holiday season. I hope this "give-and-get" idea really gets people interested and they come to the event!

This is the first sample I've come up with. I just LOVE the new Patterned Pines Hostess Set from the Holiday Mini Catalog! Customers can earn it FREE when they hostess a Stampin' Up! workshop of $150 or more (or place an individual order, like I did!) :)

WCMD Patterned Pines
Stamp Sets: Patterned Pines, Four the Holidays
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Real Read, Very Vanilla, Old Olive
Designer Series Paper: Merry Moments
Stamp Pads (Classic): Old Olive, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Crushed Curry
Accessories/Tools: 1-3/4" Circle Punch, Circle Scissors Plus, Playground Button, Sleighbells Ribbon Originals, Dimensionals

This card uses Weekend Sketch Challenge 99 found on Beate's blog here. The Weekend Sketch Challenges are great! They are usually easy sketches that allow you to add to pizazz where you see fit. :)

If you're in the Twin Cities area, I'd love for you to come to my WCMD event and make this card! Please let me know if you are interested. :)

1 comment:

  1. love the give-and-get concept! I hope you have a very successful event!

    ReplyDelete

Imagine a beep. Then leave me a message! I love hearing from you, thanks!