Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fall in St Paul

Out of nowhere Fall arrived. A week, 2 weeks ago, we had highs in the mid- to high-70s, unusually warm for this time of year. I remember saying while running "I wish it would cool down!" And cool down it sure did! This week has posted highs barely in the 50s and gusty winds to boot. It definitely feels cold - I even turned my furnace on! Next thing you know, I'll get digging out the old flannel p.j.s.

To celebrate Fall in St Paul, I dug out an old favorite of mine, Season of Friendship. I love how versatile this set it. It easily makes fall, winter, spring, summer, (yeah, all the SEASONS, like the name of the set says....) but you can also use the branch as a background, add some other tidbits to the trees, use the leaves, snowflakes, bird in other ways, and so on. Totally worth the investment! And, in my quest to utilize others' great design ideas, this card uses Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 37.

The tree looks like the big old maple in my front yard. I'm anticipating the dropping of leaves coming soon. Last year I filled 15 lawn bags with leaves while raking. Guess that's what you get when you live in a 60-year old house.

Fall Friendship
Stamp Sets: Season of Friendship, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Very Vanilla
Stamp Pads (Classic): Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Old Olive, More Mustard
Accessories/Tools: Paper Crimper, Sleigh Bells ribbon


Thanks for looking! And happy fall!!!


1 comment:

  1. I love this set too... I was so happy it made it from the Mini, but then hadn't used it until recently. Your card looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Imagine a beep. Then leave me a message! I love hearing from you, thanks!