Saturday, October 3, 2009

Simply Scrappin' Birthday

In an un-like-me event, I've planned ahead for classes in mid-NOVEMBER. I am usually so far behind on planning that few people ever come to my classes because I haven't had time to promote them. Well, not this time! I want this class to be a success - because I need a successful class, because mid-November's a good time to stay in and stamp, and because this SSK is just so darn cute!

Participants will pay $25 to me. They will get the Happy B-Day Simply Scrappin' Kit, cut ready to make 20 cards. I'll also provide envelopes, white cardstock, ribbons, and some embellishments to "fancy up" the cards. And of course, they'll get to keep the leftovers from the SSK! I hope this is a big hit - and maybe can become a regular class on the rotation (but with different themes).

Here's just one sample. The other samples I've made are just as cute - but I don't have photos of them. :-(

Happy B-Day
Simply Scrappin' Kit: Happy B-Day
Cardstock: Crushed Curry, Ruby Red, Brocade Blue
Designer Series Paper: unnamed, included in SSK
Accessories/Tools: Elementary Ribbon Originals


And now for a bit of random chatter.... tomorrow is my big 10-Mile race! I'm so excited, but also starting to get nervous. The weather here in the Twin Cities has been rainy for 3 or 4 days - but forecasts say it will be clear and cool tomorrow morning. I sure hope so! I'll post results & photos on Monday. (Which is coincidentally a day off work for me. Didn't that work out nice?)

And, so far the highlight of my weekend has been going to my final Twins game at the Metrodome! A baseball fan since I was born, the Dome has always been special to me - especially as an adult. When I first moved to the Cities 7 1/2 years ago, I worked as an usher at the Dome. I was there from 2002-2006 seasons and loved it. Since not working there, I've loved the Dome even more as a fan! And now the Twins will move to Target Field next season. It will be awesome and fun, but not the same. My family & I did get the PERFECT farewell from the Dome, though - we made it on the Jumbotron TWICE! Awesome! Once was with my friend Andrea. We took a photo on my phone and sent it in. They put it on the big screen. Yay! Here's the famous shot:


Good-bye Dome!!

1 comment:

Imagine a beep. Then leave me a message! I love hearing from you, thanks!